Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Warm wishes to you on Christmas Eve


It's Christmas Eve and the kids are beyond excited for morning to come.

Maci was watching the Norad Santa Tracker earlier today and we watched him go by the Great Wall of China! It's amazing how technology has changed things....I remember as a kid we would go around and visit my parents friends on Christmas Eve and on the way home I would look out the back window of our car, up at the dark sky and wonder where Santa was and how much longer it would take him to get to our house. I can honestly say it just seems like yesterday that I was waiting for Santa and feeling my stomach full of butterflies in it in anticipation of what was to come. I am so blessed to have three of my own children who will have their own memories of getting ready for the "big night" when Santa arrives.

For now, I can finally take a deep breath and relax..the shopping is done, gifts are wrapped and the cameras are charged. Before bed tonight, the kids will be getting out the cookies and milk to leave for Santa and of course carrots for the reindeer. And when I finally settle into bed tonight, I will still get butterflies in my stomach, but for a totally different reason than
when I was a child....it's now the excitement and anticipation I have for my kids running into our bedroom in the wee hours of the morning telling us that Santa had arrived and to hurry up so we can open presents. I don't think that magical feeling ever goes away no matter what stage of life you are in.

Merry Christmas everyone - and may you all have safe travels if you are going anywhere. Since it's been very cold the past couple of weeks and we're still getting snow...I thought I'd post a picture to bring some warm thoughts your way. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment