Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy


I love to decorate!

Today my Dad had surgery and when I talked to him on the phone this afternoon, he was in recovery and seemed to be doing alright. He had a stint put in an artery...well, they ended up putting two into that one artery because one was not long enough. Thank God he is fine and hopefully he will be home tomorrow and on the road to a quick recovery. I really wish I could have been there with him...that's the only hard part living on the other side of the mountains - especially in the winter. We had snow falling most of the afternoon and evening tonight making it seem a little more like Christmas. It's still really cold and for some reason, I've been having visions of being somewhere on a warm beach (you can always dream, right)?

Kelsi had a home bowling match last night and they beat Sunnyside. She ended up getting high score for both games! She is having so much fun and it's a great group of kids who are on the team. Go Bulldogs!

This past Friday night, Saturday and Sunday wer
e spent at Daniels AAU Santa Hoop Classic basketball tournament. Their team got 3rd place overall. They ended up going 4-1 and played great together! So, another $58.00 down the drain for a sweatshirt from the tournament. I told him that "this" one will have to last him until college....boy do they know how to get you at those events because of course you have to have all the "fun" things on the sweatshirt (numbers, names, etc.). Oh well...they're only young once, right?

To say the least, Maci is getting really excited for Christmas. It was so much fun to watch her help decorate the tree last weekend. Eventually after she ran out of room to put ornaments where she could reach, she went to get out a little step-ladder that we use in our pantry so she could reach those higher places. All I could envision was her falling into the tree . But everything came out great and the tree looks beautiful! My favorite part of decorating is putting the angel on top. Our angel was given to me by my mom. The angel was her and my dad's when they got married so it's very special to me. When lighted, her lace skirt lights up and reflects off the ceiling and walls. Boy - if that angel could talk....... :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment