Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas, Vampires and Rock Band

Christmas Eve

We had a wonderful Christmas! Christmas Eve we went to church and got home around 11:30 p.m. and the kids hurried to put out cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer before heading off to bed.

Of course the kids were up early and anxious to begin opening their presents. After the gifts were passed out everyone took a turn opening a present so we could all share in the excitement. Before Christmas, each of the kids went to the bank and took out some of their money (from their 4-H projects) and bought everyone in the family something special. I really think they were more excited to watch the other person open up the gift they picked out for them than the ones for them. As for some of the favorites: I think Maci's favorite gift was the Diamond Barbie Castle playset (it's actually taller than she is) and her white Care Bear and Furreal Pig. Kelsi really loved the Bible that her "Gumma" gave her - it has her name engraved on it so she was feeling pretty special. As far as Daniel, well he loved absolutely everything...I really don't think he could choose just one gift over another as being his favorite. My mom came over that evening and we shared a wonderful ham dinner together and just hung out.

The day after Christmas Kelsi and I went to see the movie Twilight. I had just finished the book two nights before and could not wait to see the movie. Let me tell you.....it was WELL worth the wait. It is not the type of book or movie that I thought I would ever enjoy - but I am into the second book and look forward to reading it every night. I admit....I am in love with a vampire! :-)

We spent last night playing "Rock Band" together as a family- it was a blast! The thing I love about Christmas break is that we can actually just hang out and spend time being together without us going in 500 different directions. No practices, no games, no meetings, no work, no appointments....no NOTHING! You just gotta love those types of breaks!

My brother and his two kids came over yesterday from the west side and we had a great visit together. I wish we lived closer because we always have fun together and the kids really have a blast playing.

Well back to work for me tomorrow and the kids are off another week before heading back to school. The snow has started to melt today and the sun is shining...sure makes me wish for an early Spring.


2 comments:

  1. Sure is great being the off-the-premises, Grama! I get to see the 'other' side of the growing kids. When the toys, TV, and games are left at home the other side appears and I wouldn't have it any other way. What endearing stories they tell. Some day I'll start my own Blog and......"that's the REAL story!"
    Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! Oh my goodness the kids are getting so big! Welcome to the world of rockband!!! I tried to follow your blog but it wouldn't let me : ( I am going to add you to my links if that's ok : )

    ReplyDelete